We are Vita & Renata. Family of four, enjoying part of the year on the road. Most often we travel around southern Europe while working on digital projects and investing the leftovers.
It all started in summer 2011. After many usual travels, we did a road trip around Europe with our first baby. At that time we realised, that travels with kids are more complex. After about a year a crazy idea was born. Few moments later, we bought our first caravan.
Since then we gathered extensive knowledge, we’ve been featured in magazines and on TV and we started being serious about this becoming our new joyful lifestyle. Since 2012 we’ve been all around southern Europe. From Morocco, Croatia, Sicily, to Greece & Turkey.
Actual Map of Our Travels
Now we have a second caravan, a bit more equipped & a bit heavier. And we’re in the progress of building our first overland vehicle with roof-top tent.
Somehow we’ve joined the digital nomad movement and we love it. It’s not easy to manage our lives so that everything works at all times, but this is the way we’d like to live and so we fight. It benefits us as well as our kids and that’s more than anything else. Life is for the living.
Here is our story in a series of articles.
Articles about us in Media
- How We Went From a House to a Travel Trailer Budgets are Sexy
- Nomadic Family Explores The World in a Trailer The Surf Office
- 5 Questions for Vita Valka The Surf Office
- Become a Digital Nomad Now! My Stock Photo
How about you? Do you you work online? Try it too. Feel free to ask me for an advice about road tripping in Europe. I’d be happy to help.
Also, feel free to check-out my webdesign skills at vitavalka.com
Note: The website is constantly under construction and should, over course of several years, become a resource for camping & caravanning. Please bring in any ideas or suggestions. We would be more than happy to improve the site with you.
Status: We’ve just started
- March 2018 — We’re in Spain. Half of the original articles are translated from Czech to English and I’ve recently wrote a little guide on which books I recommend. And I’m working on a trip report from Spain.
- Dec 2017 — Published first 9 articles on the blog. Searching for translators.
- Oct 2017 — Switching to WordPress and created this About Us page. Consulting the best approach to all this with experienced friends.
- Feb 2016 — Publishing main website structure with menu idea and a few links. Setting up list of todo’s and freeing up time in my busy calendar to do this.
- Autumn 2015 — Registering domains gurucamper.com and camperguru.com for this project.
- Since 2012 — Our family is camping around Europe in our first caravan and blogging in Czech language.