We are Vita, Renata and two kids. We’re a family of four, who enjoy spending part of the year on the road. We mostly travel around southern Europe while working on digital projects and investing some of our earnings into future projects.
It all started in summer 2011. After many “traditional” vacations, we went on a road trip around Europe with our first baby. At that time, we realized that travelling with kids is a lot more complex than travelling as a couple. After about a year, a We had a crazy idea and not long after, we bought our first caravan trailer.
Since then, we’ve gathered extensive knowledge, been featured in magazines, on TV and in online media, and we started being serious about it. Camping became our new, joyful lifestyle. Since 2012, we have been all around southern Europe – from Morocco, Spain and Sicily in the west, to Greece and Turkey in the east.
The Map of Our Travels
After owning two British caravan trailers and a Toyota Hilux, we moved on and bought an overland expedition vehicle with a roof top tent. More recently, we purchased a campervan made in Germany. It’s a compact and well-equipped rig for long-term slow travels.
By chance we’ve joined the digital nomad movement and we love it. It’s not easy to manage our lives on the road, but it gives us so much happy moments in return. It benefits us as well as our kids, and that’s more important than anything else. Life is for the living!
Here is our story, told in a series of articles.
Articles About Us Online
- How We Went From a House to a Travel Trailer Budgets are Sexy
- Nomadic Family Explores The World in a Trailer The Surf Office
- Become a Digital Nomad Now! My Stock Photo
How about you? Do you you work online? Try it. Feel free to ask me for advice about road tripping around Europe. I’d be very happy to help.
Also, check out my business website vitavalka.com about UX and web design.
Note: This website is constantly under construction and should, over the course of several years, become a resource for camping and caravanning. Please share with us any ideas or suggestions. We would be more than happy to improve the blog based on your feedback.
Status updates since this website went live
- July 2019 — After 3 months in Greece, I’ve looked at the traffic stats and they really surprised me. The site gets 70-100 visits a day, and Instagram is at 800+ followers. Thank you for all the support, everyone. I will try to work harder to help you out more.
- Dec 2018 — After a few weeks in Croatia, I’ve finished the longest article I’ve written so far – it’s about what Rooftop Tents should you buy. And BIG news! We kind of unexpectedly decided to buy a family van and join in on the #vanlife. So we’re selling our Bessacarr Cameo 525 SL and switching to, hopefully, the final type of travel vehicle we’ll use → a van.
- Mar 2018 — We’re in Spain. Half of the original articles have been translated from Czech to English and I’ve recently written a little guide on which books I recommend. Also, I’m working on a trip report about Spain.
- Dec 2017 — Published the first 9 articles on the blog. Looking for translators. Registered domain campergear.com for yet another project.
- Oct 2017 — We switched to WordPress and created this About Us page. We’re trying to find the best way to make this blog great with the help of more experienced friends.
- Feb 2016 — We’ve published the main website structure with a menu and a few links. We’ve written up a to-do list and we’ll be freeing up some time to go through it.
- Autumn 2015 — We’ve bought the domains gurucamper.com and camperguru.com for this fun project.
- Since 2012 — Our family is camping around Europe in our first caravan and blogging in Czech.